Pretty Awesome

Pretty awesome stuff! See for yourself, idiot.

Friday, May 26, 2006

Mark Wahlberg said it best with, "Poems are amazing . . ." and I agree with him. If you don't know where that quote's from then you better start doing your homework. Lately I've been getting into some deep poetry that's changed my life. Because of this I've decided that I should start writing poems and posting them, that way I can change somebody else's life. I haven't been able to write anything yet, so I'll just post my favorite Emily Dickinson poem, which I found on the internet. This one doesn't have a title but here goes:


Milk.
Milk.
Lemonade.
Round the corner--
Fudge is made.


Amazing, right? It's a shame that woman never saw success in her lifetime; I'm sure that one would've wowed her peers. In other things literary, it's occurred to me that others' opinions of you will skyrocket if they know you read. I know this for a fact because everytime I'm somewhere public and a hot mama walks by, I drop whatever topic I was conversing about and say, loudly, something like, "Yeah so I've been reading [insert amazing book title] and it's really changed my life!" An attention grabber, believe me! Whenever I pull this little trick, I make eye contact with the hot mama and wink. Winking is like giving a girl a business card that says, "Hey Babe. Wanna hump?" Try it some time.
I'm off topic though. Back to the point. I frequent the local Salvation Army which has a buttload of books and they're super cheap, so I thought I'd impress you with a list of books I bought the other day. Another reason I buy secondhand books is so I can brag to all my friends about owning older copies; this way I can claim oldschool on them. Everyone who is more oldschool than someone else is cooler by default.
Here is my list of titles I purchased and a short synapse of how I feel about them:

Where The Sidewalk Ends by Shel Silverstein--Like I said, I'm into some really deep poems right now and Silverstein is no exception. Plus, he wrote that song "A Boy Named Sue" so he deserves some credit for that too.

The Complete Stories Volume 2 by Isaac Asimov--Normally I don't buy anything that is split into series or volumes because I think the chances of finding the complementary books are slim to none. BUT my grandfather gave me the first volume so I wanted to add numero dose to the collection. For $2.99 you can't go wrong! Eat shit Barnes and Noble.

1984 by George Orwell--An awesome book I read years ago. Have you read it yet? Didn't think so. Keep trying Scooter.

George W. Bushisms V "New Ways To Harm Our Country" Edited by Jacob Weisberg--It's obvious the guy who compiled this book hates freedom. Soon as I saw it, I knew it must be bought; that way I could burn it.

As for what I'm currently reading, that would be: Hiroshima by John Hersey--On the cover beneath the title is a quote that states, "Everyone able to read should read it." I couldn't think of an argument as to why I shouldn't read it. Non-fiction isn't my bag but this is a good book. If you're able to read, you should read it.

Basically the point of this post was to showcase how much smarter I am than you. Enjoy!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home